Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adam: True Performer, True Artist and Talented like hell

American Idol Season 8 winner has been crowned sadly it's not Adam Lambert. However what I will say is that, I will pay any amount of money just to see this guy perform live. He can sing anything, cover songs and make it his own, this is a true artist and I'm glad I have witnessed him before my TV screen.

Mad World reprise in the final 2 AI episode was better than the first, in stage performance, with all the fog, lighting and again with his 'grand' entrance -- this guy lives to perform. No words and adjective can describe how truly remarkable and talented he can be, up to this date I admit I'm still in awe.

Second performance 'change is gonna come', Glam rock is back and Adam is kicking it back! It was an RnB song and what did he do, made it into his own Lambert Style. I have issues regrading covers and remakes but if you can better it and make it your own, I'll shut up. The world needs his type of artist.

'No Boundaries' I agree that it's not that good compared to his A+ performances but his 'not-so-good' performances still lands an A.

My Take on the winner...
On Kris Allen the song(No Boundaries) suited him but I do agree it was too high for him but that was the first performance that I actually liked from him, also I agree with Simon his first performance was the highlight, the second, in my opinion, was just his typical performance -- Allen fans I'm sorry, he can sing but I just find him boring, anyone can sing and play guitar at the same time, nothing's new and intriguing when he's performing. So it goes down to 'Is he worth the American Idol season 8 crown? Yes', 'Is he a better performer than Adam Lambert?No', 'Is he a better singer than Adam?' That I can't judge, you can't judge two people when their music styles are different, Subjectively I'll go for Adam, I'm into rock not acoustic rock so I can't really appreciate Kris's voice','Is Kris a good singer?Yes, but he's just not my cup of tea'

Back to Adam...
I'm saddened that he didn't win but it was too obvious that since day one he's too edgy and just plain talented for the show. He needs no competition for he is already a winner. He's already on my list,like Paula said she's a front runner I'll come second when it comes to Adam and a fan for life. I will follow this guy's career and I can't wait to buy and hear his first album. Seeing him live, I'm dying to taste for an Adam Lambert experience. Briggin the Tour!

Added note...
I'm a consistent AI audience and I have never seen anyone consistent as Adam Lambert he has no bad performance, his bad performance are 'way-to-good-for-the-show' perofromance, every week he has something new to show and I always look forward to the latter part of the song for he will again belt it out like hell, how can he hit those insanely high notes week after week??

As a music lover...
There are few artists that can electrify a stage and ballads are seldom electrifying and I guess it's safe to say that Adam Lambert is part and has to be on that list.

To Paula's comment on Adam as an Icon...
still hard to confirm, a lot of things can happen, but later in his career, it wouldn't surprise me if he will be an Icon because it's likely to happen

All I can say regarding the AI finale/results...
Adam's Overqualified.

as a rock chic...
Thank heaven's sake for the resurection of Glam Rock!

No comments:

Search This Blog